Monday, May 18, 2009

Comcast - I plan to leave you

I have taken enough from Comcast's DVR.

Things about Comcast I hate:
- The remote sucks - see my previous post on this
- Why I do have to pay more on top of an already horrendously high price for HDTV and the DVR
- Poor customer service (I have to drive to get a new set top box that doesn't work - bring it to me)
- 5.99$ to watch a movie OnDemand

The things that Comcast offers me that I like:
- HDTV channels
- DVR capability
- Internet access

I don't mind paying for the Internet, but the TV portion has to go. Even if the price was right, the hardware driving the Comcast solution is buggy and laggy. The user experience of the service drives me insane.

The problem: Find another way to keep watching HDTV (on my big gorgeous TV) and come up with a solution for recording shows.

Once I get a solution that works for me (and probably paying hundreds of dollars in the process) I will post it here :) ... The current plan in my head involves a HDTV antennae, my XBox 360, Netflix Watch Instantly, and an over the air TV Tuner input on my PC.

As Michael Scott would say: "So suck it (Comcast)" ...

3 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

Thanks for the feedback. I will share it with the appropriate department.

I will also reach out to our regional office to make sure the right person is involved regarding the issue you are experiencing with the cable. If you don't mind, will you please let me know the phone number on the account so that I can assist further?

Regards,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Barry Ralphs (BazzaCAD) said...

Have you tried DirecTV?
I have it and love it.
Get HDTV, DVR, & they now have ON demand over the inter-tubes... :)

Ursula said...

have you taken a look at Roku ?

Zune Card